Burglary can be defined as an unlawful entry of a building to commit a felony or a theft. It can be also defined as the use of force to gain an entry into a building with the intent of committing a felony or theft. Burglary can be classified as follows:
1. Unlawful entry without force but with the intention of committing any theft
2. Forcible entry with the intention to commit a felony or theft
3. Attempted forcible entry
It is quite shocking to know that a burglary is committed every 14.7 seconds. There are estimated 2, 329, 9501 annual burglaries nationwide with an annual loss of approximately $3.1 billion! Burglary produces an average loss of $1675 per event. It is equally shocking and frightening to know that burglars, with good skills and know-how of technology can break into a home within minutes.
The best way to avoid a burglary at your home it to ensure that your home is burglar-proof and you should also stay alert. Here are the 4 best ways to prevent a burglary:
• If you have a sliding glass door, secure it with a rod in the inside track. Burglars will generally try to enter your house unseen and they tend to favor sliding glass doors as many people forget to lock them. Make sure you lock all sliding doors and windows.
• The best advantage for a Burglar is stealth. You can avoid any burglar taking advantage is pruning shrubs and bushes around your home on a regular basis.
• Some people have the habit of leaving their keys above the door frame, or under the door mat or flowerpot. Avoid this as the burglar too knows about these common hiding places and you are leaving an open invitation to him by hiding your keys in these places. You can always leave a spare key with a neighbor, friend or relative.
• The most secure way is to arm your house is with a security system. Make a habit of setting the timer every day, even if it is only for a few minutes.
Pauline Go is a professional writer for many legal websites. She also writes other great articles like Find Criminal Laywer,Can an expunged record be accessed by law enforcement,Find Commercial Real Estate Lawyers
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Pauline_Go
Please visit the archive for more information about wireless home security system.
Affordable Do It Yourself Wireless Home Security
Choosing and Installing a Wireless Home Security System
How To Choose a Home Security System
Wired or Wireless Home Security
10 Simple Home Security Tips
Top Five Security Gadgets
4 Best Ways To Prevent A Burglary At Your Home
Wireless Home Security System - Knowing the Basics
How Does a Wireless Home Security Work
Protect Your Home With a Wireless Home Security System